Pitney Bowes Principal Software Engineer - DevOps in White River Junction, Vermont
Syncsort recently acquired Pitney Bowes Software & Data Solutions and is seeking a Principal Software Engineer-DevOps to join our team! Syncsort is the global leader in Big Iron to Big Data software. The company is focused on organizing data everywhere to keep the world working – the same data that powers machine learning, AI and predictive analytics. To learn more about Syncsort, please go to www.syncsort.com.
We actively look for prospects who:
• Are passionate about client success
• Enjoy collaborating with others
• Strive to exceed expectations
• Move boldly in the quest for superior and best in market solutions
An experienced Principal Software Engineer who will develop innovative technology solutions within a Java/J2EE environment. The ideal candidate will be leading the creation of new applications as they pertain to our Geographic Information Systems (GIS). In addition, you will take on technical challenges involving the analysis and transformation of large amounts of spatial/relational data. You are an ambitious person who can work in a high-performance, Agile/Scrum environment utilizing leading-edge tools to design automated, Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CICD) systems. Lastly, you will set and manage deadlines within the team while holding the group accountable for their assigned duties.
• Lead our production capacity by developing new product offerings by utilizing software tools in order to automated processes that are professional-grade, robust and ready for deployment
• Design, write, test, debug, clearly document and release software in support of project objectives
• Meet established deadlines while releasing software of the highest quality
• Propose technical solutions to customer problems
• Work effectively on both independent and collaborative projects
• Provide nimble, rapid-prototyping for custom projects and new product ideas
• Identify and recommend opportunities for process improvements and efficiencies
• Seamlessly incorporate new designs and systems into existing processes
• Analyze system requirements, conduct feasibility studies and advise alternative approaches
As a Principal Software Engineer, you have:
• 7 years of working knowledge of complex system design, object-oriented programming, multi-tier software development, component architectures, integrated development environments (IDEs), test-driven development (TDD), source code repositories, automated build/test pipelines, process/QA automation, continuous integration, and agile development techniques.
• Hands-on development experience working with Java technologies: J2EE, Java Topology Suite (JTS), Jenkins and Docker
• BS/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Geography or a related field
• Database knowledge in SQL, Postgres/PostGIS or Oracle PL/SQL
• Collaborating on DevOps initiatives in an AWS environment is strongly preferred
• Exposure to Python a plus
• Provide team leadership when it comes to complex system design and development tasks
• Demonstrate technical expertise while ensuring accuracy of output
• Provide the opportunity to grow and develop your career
• Offer an inclusive environment that encourages diverse perspectives and ideas
• Deliver challenging and unique opportunities to contribute to the success of a transforming organization
• Offer comprehensive benefits globally (pbprojectliving.com)
Our Software team powers global commerce, processing billions of transactions every year. Our Software technology and solutions help businesses operate faster and more efficiently. How? By identifying trusted data and insights to create targeted, effective messaging, by providing accurate geographic data to make smarter business decisions, and by delivering relevant and engaging interactions across the customer lifecycle to drive increased satisfaction.
Syncsort is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
W/M/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBT are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.
Title: Principal Software Engineer - DevOps
Location: VT-White River Junction
Requisition ID: 181981
Other Locations: United States-NH-Concord, United States-NY-New York, United States-CT-Hartford, United States-MA-Boston