Pitney Bowes US Technical Accounting Manager in Shelton, Connecticut
At Pitney Bowes, we do the right thing, the right way.
As Manager, Technical Accounting and Special Projects – you can too.
We are seeking an experienced accounting professional for the position of Manager, Technical Accounting and Special Projects. The position reports to the Director, Technical Accounting and is located in Shelton, CT. The position will assist with providing global technical accounting support to senior management and business unit management and will be directly involved with the implementation of new accounting standards. In addition, this individual will participate on various special projects to assist the Director, Technical Accounting with corporate and business unit initiatives.
We have amazing people who are the driving force, the inspiration and foundation of our company. Our thriving culture can be broken down into four components: Client. Team. Win. Innovate.
We actively look for prospects who:
• Are passionate about client success.
• Enjoy collaborating with others.
• Strive to exceed expectations.
• Move boldly in the quest for superior and best in market solutions.
This position reports into the Director Technical Accounting. The individual in this role must have a demonstrated track record of meeting deadlines, a willingness to take on new challenges and a high comfort level in interacting with senior members of the company’s management team.
Assist with the adoption of new accounting standards.
Work with business unit management and/or corporate management to determine transition adjustments and develop reporting requirements
Draft accounting positions and accounting policy
Develop and implement a reporting process for enhanced disclosure requirements
Review contracts for appropriate accounting treatment
Interact with external auditors during the implementation process
Assist the Technical Accounting Group in providing technical research on accounting issues, including accounting guidance related to various corporate transactions, including acquisitions and divestitures.
Research and analyze emerging accounting issues from the SEC, IASB, FASB and other regulatory bodies.
Maintain relationships with business partners to ensure early identification of transactions that could have a potential accounting/reporting impact including maintain close relationships with the tax department and business unit teams
• 5 years of work experience including minimum of 3 years of with large active public clients
• CPA, with Big 4 Public Accounting experience preferred.
• Proven project management skills – ability to coordinate the complete project from inception to completion, incorporating feedback from multiple sources. In addition ability to multi-task and meet critical deadlines
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work independently and be self-motivated
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong interpersonal skills/ability to work with others
• Attention to detail; excellent problem solving and analytical skills
• Experience with contract reviews to determine appropriate accounting treatment preferred
Provide the opportunity to grow and develop your career
Offer an inclusive environment that encourages diverse perspectives and ideas
Deliver challenging and unique opportunities to contribute to the success of a transforming organization
Offer comprehensive benefits globally (pbprojectliving.com)
At Pitney Bowes, our passionate and ambitious team delivers innovations that help clients navigate the complex and always evolving world of commerce: from helping them use data to market to the best customers, to enabling the sending of parcels and packages efficiently, to securing payments through statements and invoices. In everything, we do, we deliver accuracy and precision to drive meaningful impact.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
W/M/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBT are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.
Title: US Technical Accounting Manager
Requisition ID: 181699