Pitney Bowes US Senior Accountant in Shelton, Connecticut
At Pitney Bowes, we do the right thing, the right way.
As a Senior Accountant in the Global Accounting Operations group at Pitney Bowes, you can too.
We have amazing people who are the driving force, the inspiration and foundation of our company. Our thriving culture can be broken down into four components: Client. Team. Win. Innovate.
We actively look for prospects who:
• Are passionate about client success.
• Enjoy collaborating with others.
• Strive to exceed expectations.
• Move boldly in the quest for superior and best in market solutions.
A proactive Individual who has strong initiative and analytical skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment. You are passionate about working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment and is committed to preparing accurate and detailed analyses that will ensure the accuracy of the Company’s financial statements.
• Assist in the processes and analytics that will ensure that the books and records of the Company are recorded in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and in compliance with the Company’s policies and procedures.
• Prepare accurate analyses of transactions, current and past trend reports supporting monthly activity that will ensure the accuracy of the financial statements for various business units and functions within the Company.
• Through analytics, make recommendations and help implement actions required to correct or enhance processes.
• Help identify and implement process improvements that will simplify and/or correct accounting processes.
• Work with External and Internal Auditors, as well as our SOX Compliance team, to provide necessary support documentation for their monthly/quarterly reviews and annual audits.
• Work closely with the GAO management team for SendTech North America and General Accounting, to help structure the accounting for new products being launched.
As a Senior Accountant, you have:
• A minimum of seven to ten years of prior accounting experience supporting a global organization.
• A four year Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field or equivalent experience.
• General knowledge of accounting methods, principles and practices and the ability to apply this knowledge appropriately in situations.
• General knowledge of accounting reconciliations and journal entry preparation.
• Strong PC skills to include Excel, Access and Word.
• Effective, professional verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to effectively prioritize, execute and manage multiple deadlines in a fast-passed environment.
• Experience with revenue recognition and related technical accounting, including multiple element arrangements
• Previous experience using SAP and HFM/PMR.
• Public Accounting experience with a Big 4.
• Provide the opportunity to grow and develop your career
• Offer an inclusive environment that encourages diverse perspectives and ideas
• Deliver challenging and unique opportunities to contribute to the success of a transforming organization
• Offer comprehensive benefits globally (pbprojectliving.com)
At Pitney Bowes, our passionate and ambitious team delivers innovations that help clients navigate the complex and always evolving world of commerce: from helping them use data to market to the best customers, to enabling the sending of parcels and packages efficiently, to securing payments through statements and invoices. In everything, we do, we deliver accuracy and precision to drive meaningful impact.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
W/M/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBT are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.
Title: US Senior Accountant
Requisition ID: 182879