Pitney Bowes US Manager Corporate Tax Accounting in Shelton, Connecticut
At Pitney Bowes, we do the right thing, the right way.
As a Manager Corporate Tax Accounting for Pitney Bowes, you can too.
We have amazing people who are the driving force, the inspiration and foundation of our company. Our thriving culture can be broken down into four components: Client. Team. Win. Innovate.
We actively look for prospects who:
• Are passionate about client success.
• Enjoy collaborating with others.
• Strive to exceed expectations.
• Move boldly in the quest for superior and best in market solutions.
A Performance-driven Contributor who can support our Corporate Tax Accounting team.
We are seeking an experienced tax accounting professional for the position of Manager, Corporate Tax Accounting. The position reports directly to our Director, Tax Accounting and is based in our Shelton, CT office. The position will provide tax accounting support to the Director, Tax Accounting for the quarterly consolidating global tax provision under ASC 740. In addition, this individual will participate on various special projects to assist senior management and other stakeholders with corporate and business unit initiatives.
• Research and analyze emerging accounting issues from the SEC, IASB, FASB and other regulatory bodies. Determine and effectively communicate the implications for Pitney Bowes to key constituents.
• Support the company’s SEC reporting requirements to ensure compliance with all applicable regulations.
• Support and provide technical accounting guidance related to various corporate transactions, including acquisitions and divestitures.
• Work as a core member of the tax reporting team on the preparation of the quarterly consolidating global tax provision under ASC 740.
• Quarterly preparation of Executive Summary of our global tax position.
• Analytical review of key effective tax rate drivers in all jurisdictions.
• Manage payable and deferred tax rollforwards for each jurisdiction and global.
• Prepare draft footnote disclosure for quarterly and annual filings.
• Research technical accounting matters and develop well-organized tax memoranda to support our positions.
• Assist Tax Directors and VP Tax with research and modeling for planning projects.
• Act as a secondary reviewer of the Federal and State consolidated returns, as needed
As a Manager Corporate Tax Accounting, you have:
• 5 years Public Accounting experience required and/or experience in the Federal Tax Services Corporate Group strongly desired.
• Working knowledge of Accounting for Income Taxes under ASC 740.
• Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
• Solid understanding of how to perform tax technical research.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience preparing Federal, State and Local consolidated, unitary and separate corporate tax returns.
• Excellent with Excel.
• Proficient with PowerPoint.
• OIT, OTP, HFM and SAP experience.
• CPA, MS/MBA Taxation or LLM
• Willingness to work in an office in Shelton, CT and occasionally in Stamford, CT.
• Must be an analytical and critical thinker.
• Capacity to perform at a high level in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
• Ability to work effectively in a staff role, which requires the ability to quickly establish trust and rapport with divisional finance and operating managers.
• Solid understanding of financial processes and internal controls.
• Ability to convert detailed financial analysis into understandable summaries and recommendations.
• High energy and self-confidence.
• Strong sense of natural curiosity… want to know how it works.
• Quick learner, self-motivated, team player.
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to work with multiple levels of management and within different functional areas.
• Provide the opportunity to grow and develop your career
• Offer an inclusive environment that encourages diverse perspectives and ideas
• Deliver challenging and unique opportunities to contribute to the success of a transforming organization
• Offer comprehensive benefits globally (pbprojectliving.com)
At Pitney Bowes, our passionate and ambitious team delivers innovations that help clients navigate the complex and always evolving world of commerce: from helping them use data to market to the best customers, to enabling the sending of parcels and packages efficiently, to securing payments through statements and invoices. In everything, we do, we deliver accuracy and precision to drive meaningful impact.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
W/M/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBT are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.
Title: US Manager Corporate Tax Accounting
Requisition ID: 183288