Pitney Bowes US IT Financial Analyst in Shelton, Connecticut
At Pitney Bowes, we do the right thing, the right way.
As an IT Financial Analyst for Pitney Bowes, you can too.
We have amazing people who are the driving force, the inspiration and foundation of our company. Our thriving culture can be broken down into four components: Client. Team. Win. Innovate.
We actively look for prospects who:
• Are passionate about client success.
• Enjoy collaborating with others.
• Strive to exceed expectations.
• Move boldly in the quest for superior and best in market solutions.
If this sounds like you, then you may be a great fit for Pitney Bowes
The IT financial analyst will identify and report on the Information Technologies business function’s financial status by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts. Responsibilities include collecting, monitoring and studying financial data, and recommending actions.
• Develop financial models to support valuation, planning, and forecasting
• Aid in the capital budgeting and expenditure planning processes
• Reconcile existing transactions through cross-referencing of incoming and outgoing data
• Develop financial reporting scorecards for senior management
• Create recommendations to be presented to management and executives
• Develop accurate and credible financial plans that are actionable and support the IT business strategy
• Perform financial forecasting, reporting, and operational metrics tracking
• Interfaces with IT executives to develop understanding of and offer solutions for critical business issues
• Analyze financial data and create financial models for decision support
• Report on financial performance and prepare for regular leadership reviews
• Analyze past results, perform variance analysis, identify trends, and make recommendations for improvements
• Work closely with the finance team to ensure accurate financial reporting
• Evaluate financial performance by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts
• Provide analysis of trends and forecasts and recommend actions for optimization
• Identify and drive process improvements, including the creation of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools, and Excel dashboards
• Increase productivity by developing automated reporting/forecasting tools (SAP, Excel, Power BI)
• Writing and maintaining financial data and business support documentation.
• Identifies opportunities to improve internal team processes
• Other duties as assigned
As an IT Financial Analyst , you have:
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field
• 3 - 5 years analytical experience in a Finance or related business role; Information Technology Services area a plus
• Experience analyzing IT spend (capex and opex), particularly for IT operations.
• Advanced experience with Microsoft Office (Excel and PowerPoint)
• Strong quantitative and analytical competency
• Strong oral and written communications, analytics and problem-solving.
• Self-starter with excellent interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills
• Ability to define problems, identify solutions and follow through to completion.
• Drive and initiative to go above and beyond to achieve goals while collaborating in a team environment.
• Power BI - building visualizations and reports
• Provide the opportunity to grow and develop your career in a fast paced, dynamic and growing organization
• Offer an inclusive environment that encourages diverse perspectives and ideas
• Deliver challenging and unique opportunities to contribute to the success of a transforming organization
At Pitney Bowes, our passionate and ambitious team delivers innovations that help clients navigate the complex and always evolving world of commerce: from helping them use data to market to the best customers, to enabling the sending of parcels and packages efficiently, to securing payments through statements and invoices. In everything, we do, we deliver accuracy and precision to drive meaningful impact.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
W/M/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBT are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link
Title: US IT Financial Analyst
Requisition ID: 183905