Pitney Bowes US Audit Manager in Shelton, Connecticut
At Pitney Bowes, we do the right thing, the right way.
As a Manager of Audit for Pitney Bowes, you can too.
We have amazing people who are the driving force, the inspiration and foundation of our company. Our thriving culture can be broken down into four components: Client. Team. Win. Innovate.
We actively look for prospects who:
• Are passionate about client success.
• Enjoy collaborating with others.
• Strive to exceed expectations.
• Move boldly in the quest for superior and best in market solution.
Works across the Pitney Bowes global organization to identify areas of operational, financial, and technology risk and helps the business functions mitigate those risks while working in a fast-paced and rapidly changing technology environment. Partners with our business functions and provides thought leadership and guidance to support their fiduciary, regulatory and compliance obligations. Under the guidance of the Audit Director, fully accountable for planning, staffing, and supervision of all audit and advisory activities. Reports findings on the results of the audit, makes recommendations for the introduction or strengthening of controls, improvements in operations, expense reductions, revenue opportunities and other observations that add value to the operations under review. Demonstrates proficiency with basic technology controls, data analytics and root cause analysis. Provides on the job training of audit staff.
• Assists Audit Director in developing the annual audit plan and scheduling of audit assignments (5%).
• Performs detailed risk assessments, determines records and activities to audit and scope of audit testing. Partners with the business to assess risks, develop governance models, and evaluate compliance impacts of employing new technologies, including robotics process automation, data analytics, and other new technologies. Assists CAE and Director in employing these technologies within Audit & Advisory Services. Monitors industry and regulatory (SEC, PCAOB, GDPR) developments and develops recommendations for policy, process, technology and internal control improvements (15%).
• Develops and executes a comprehensive audit program for each assignment (based on engagement risk) that encompasses the adequacy of the systems of internal controls, reliability of financial information, safeguarding of assets, compliance with established policies and procedures, and adherence to state and federal regulations. Selectively reviews engagement documentation and ensures that audit assignments are completed within established time budgets. Reviews and approves work papers submitted by audit staff for accuracy, completeness, and compliance to department standards (30%).
• Reviews and evaluates accounting and business processes requiring a more thorough understanding of complex financial issues (5%).
• Manages preparation of audit reports at the completion of each assignment. Makes recommendations where corrective action is needed and provides an audit opinion. Ensures that audit reports are issued in accordance with department protocols upon completion of fieldwork and within established time constraints (20%).
• Develops insightful operational observations that clearly add value either directly to the Company or through the business unit. Doing so requires ascertaining and furthering strategic or other objectives of the Company and/or the business units under review. (10%)
• Assists the Director in ensuring that employees continue to develop their auditing and accounting skills. Monitors progress and conducts performance appraisals to ensure staff maintains the highest standard in performance. Identifies career-path and job opportunities for the audit staff as they arise (5%).
• Performs other duties as assigned by the CAE or Audit Director (10%).
Business Experience/Educational Background
High level of competency in GAAP, internal control principles (e.g. COSO), and IIA auditing standards coupled with excellent understanding of business concepts, risks and risk management, processes and operations in a technology environment is required. Experience with working with data analytics, and other emerging technologies like robotic process automation and machine learning is a strong plus. Strong analytical, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills. Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects. Minimum 8-10 years related experience with a CPA, CIA, CISA and/or MBA preferred. Big 4 experience is a plus
• Provide the opportunity to grow and develop your career
• Offer an inclusive environment that encourages diverse perspectives and ideas
• Deliver challenging and unique opportunities to contribute to the success of a transforming organization
• Offer comprehensive benefits globally (pbprojectliving.com)
Pitney Bowes provides a comprehensive range of global ecommerce and cross-border shipping solutions that help U.S. U.K. and Australian retailers and online marketplaces reach consumers around the world. Pitney Bowes, a market leader in global ecommerce solutions, continues to expand and grow its digital commerce businesses.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
W/M/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBT are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.
Job: General Management
Title: US Audit Manager
Requisition ID: 180430