Pitney Bowes Senior Backup System Administrator in Shelton, Connecticut
At Pitney Bowes, we do the right thing, the right way.
As a Senior Backup & Recovery Administrator for Pitney Bowes, you can too.
We have amazing people who are the driving force, the inspiration and foundation of our company. Our thriving culture can be broken down into four components: Client. Team. Win. Innovate.
We actively look for prospects who:
• Are passionate about client success.
• Enjoy collaborating with others.
• Strive to exceed expectations.
• Move boldly in the quest for superior and best in market solutions.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please apply!
You are a Senior Backup & Recover Storage Subject Matter Experts who would be responsible for providing support for problem and change tickets for storage systems support. You’ll be designing, installing, configuring, upgrading and maintaining EMC Backup software & hardware associated with the enterprise backup and recovery environment. This position is focused on managing the day to day data protection team operations including, coordinating backup schedules, performing system restores, working with Data Center Specialists and participating in disaster recovery planning and exercises.
• Provide ongoing management and operations support of all hardware and software in the facility which entails configuring and maintaining the set-up and on-going support of production workstations, printers, and scan equipment.
• Install and maintain all hardware, printing and peripheral equipment and provides support, troubleshooting, and problem detection and repairs as well as general and preventative maintenance as needed. Ensure all support tickets are logged and maintained in a central repository.
• Participate in the evaluation of new technology for the facilities and assists with defining desktop strategies, problem management, needs analysis, evaluation and recommendations of new technologies, standards, meeting service levels, and patch management.
• Provides user and system support and guidance related to facility client processing issues as appropriate and report on production status and/or escalation as required.
• Perform system administration for the Microsoft Windows Operating environment and assists with operational systems such as ProLink and related USPS systems.
• Promptly respond to platform, application problems in local and remote locations on a 24x7 basis.
• Set computing platform standards including technology, configuration, deployment and support methods and processes for hardware, operating systems and network infrastructure standards to meet application availability and performance requirements.
• Achieve functional expertise with computing systems in use at Pitney Bowes while acquiring and maintaining current knowledge of relevant product offerings and support policies.
• Handle maintenance and warranty repairs with vendors. If warranty or other repairs are necessary, obtain the proper RMA’s and manage the process of shipping and receiving repair items from end to end. Maintain log and/or list of required repairs and maintenance.
• Assist with overseeing updating of patches and applications upgrades as necessary.
• Maintain documentation of computing platform to include updated and thoroughly complete inventory of hardware, software and resources for assigned region and oversee any spares as necessary with processes for ongoing management and update of the database. Also coordinate identifying and preparing hardware for disposal when appropriate and ensure data is stripped and secured before disposal.
• Recommend process improvements as necessary.
• Assist with training employees and temps on the equipment used in the facility.
• Travel up to 25% regionally to Pitney Bowes facilities and vendors as needed.
• Perform other duties as required.
As a Senior Backup & Recovery Administrator, you have:
• 3-5 years’ experience in end-user support, systems administration, and familiarity with networking concepts, various hardware and software tools, and demonstrated diagnostic and analytical skills.
• Must have strong sense of urgency and a “can-do” attitude. Must be “goal oriented” and “proactive” with relentless focus on results.
• Excellent technical and practical skills with proven expertise and experience in technologies used in Pitney Bowes computing systems to include but not limited to Microsoft Windows operating systems, Microsoft Active Directory, Intel-based desktop and server hardware, LAN/WAN knowledge and experience, Anti-Virus and Anti-Spam, etc. Ability to learn new products and technologies quickly.
• Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills and the ability to work independently to solve problems under pressure and to manage multiple projects / priorities under time constraints.
• Accuracy and attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
• Exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills. Requires the ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing with end users, management, vendors, etc.
• A team player attitude and can have professional relationship with clients, peers, staff, and management
• Experience working within a warehouse environment, at times, in a range of temperatures and must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. when moving equipment as needed.
• Associates Degree in Computer Sciences or equivalent experience.
• Experience in a parcel processing setting preferred.
• Familiarity with Cisco and Linux is a plus.
• Provide the opportunity to grow and develop your career.
• Offer an inclusive environment that encourages diverse perspectives and ideas.
• Deliver challenging and unique opportunities to contribute to the success of a transforming organization.
• Offer comprehensive benefits globally (pbprojectliving.com).
Our global Innovation team is dedicated to using the best-in-class tools, processes and modern architectures to create great experiences for our clients. In a rapidly changing world, we have a clear technical vision for our future that includes SaaS, APIs, Big Data, Advanced Analytics, Mobile and the Internet of Things. We are also focused on creating great client experiences, utilizing a Design Thinking platform and approach.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
W/M/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBT are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please apply!
Job: Information Technology
Title: Senior Backup System Administrator
Requisition ID: 184079