Pitney Bowes Receiving Inspector in Shelton, Connecticut
At Pitney Bowes, we do the right thing, the right way.
As a Receiving Inspector for Pitney Bowes, you can too.
We have amazing people who are the driving force, the inspiration and foundation of our company. Our thriving culture can be broken down into four components: Client. Team. Win. Innovate.
We actively look for prospects who:
• Are passionate about client success.
• Enjoy collaborating with others.
• Strive to exceed expectations.
• Move boldly in the quest for superior and best in market solutions.
If this sounds like you, then you may be a great fit for Pitney Bowes
A Performance driven individual who is committed to provide innovative service to our clients. You are approachable and relationship-oriented as you contribute to Pitney Bowes success.
• Have the ability to perform inspections for a wide variety of mechanical parts such as turnings, stampings, plastic, castings, gears etc. as well as visual verification of electrical parts and assemblies such as wiring harnesses, Printed Wiring Assemblies, power supplies, solenoids, line filters etc.
• Have accurately recorded results of inspections/audits. Will also organize and manage material review board for rejected material.
• Perform in process audits for assembly operations. Also plan and support UL, TUV agency audits.
• Be a self-starter with the ability to work with a minimum of supervision, prioritizing workloads and interfacing with a variety of departments and suppliers.
As a Receiving Inspector, you have:
• Knowledge of SAP database a plus
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Ability to maintain accurate records
• Ability to follow company procedures
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints, specifications, and documented requirements
• Ability to use mechanical inspection equipment such as micrometers, calipers, height stands, optical comparator, and thread gages
• Perform mechanical inspections from simple checks to first article layouts of complicated parts. First article layouts for larger parts is a key skill required
• Geometric tolerancing
• Minimum of High school diploma, technical school or college preferred
• 5 years receiving inspection experience – Mechanical, Electrical, Visual incoming inspection, product audit of business machines
• ASQ certifications a plus – Certified Quality Technician, Auditor, or Inspector
• Must be able to lift 40 lbs
On the job training to familiarize with current Pitney Bowes processes – covering receiving inspection and Product Audit, will be provided.
• Provide the opportunity to grow and develop your career
• Offer an inclusive environment that encourages diverse perspectives and ideas
• Deliver challenging and unique opportunities to contribute to the success of a transforming organization
• Offer comprehensive benefits globally (pbprojectliving.com)
Our Global SMB (Small and Medium Business) Solutions business provides innovative mailing and shipping solutions that enable small and medium businesses to simplify their sending operations and deliver greater value to their customers. Our SMB mailing and shipping technology supports more than one million businesses, from addressing and postage evidencing to multi-carrier parcel shipping and payments.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
W/M/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBT are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.
Job: Supply Chain
Title: Receiving Inspector
Requisition ID: 173024