Pitney Bowes Procurement Specialist in Shelton, Connecticut
At Pitney Bowes, we do the right thing, the right way.
As a Product & Technology Procurement Specialist for Pitney Bowes, you can too.
We have amazing people who are the driving force, the inspiration and foundation of our company. Our thriving culture can be broken down into four components: Client. Team. Win. Innovate.
We actively look for prospects who:
• Are passionate about client success.
• Enjoy collaborating with others.
• Strive to exceed expectations.
• Move boldly in the quest for superior and best in market solutions.
A driven Individual who will report to the Director of Global Procurement while working closely with and guided by the Procurement team on many projects. The Specialist will be responsible for duties associated with the procurement of goods, execution of contracts, End-of-Life (EOL) processes and assurance of supply for Pitney Bowes’ technologies.
• Day-to-day administration, resolution or execution of the procurement process and sourcing strategies as defined by PB policies and procedures and strategy teams, including but not limited to Accurate tracking of cost savings, spend mapping, spend data analytics, and supplier/PO Management.
• Manage deployment and maintenance of various Technology Commodity Strategies
• Project management and or execution of cost-savings programs defined by Commodity Manager or Director
• Participate as key team member contributing to commodity strategy development
• Special projects assigned by Director; participate as needed on Enterprise Procurement Strategic Initiatives and or teams
• Continuous learning of
o Electronic hardware and software technologies, Contract Manufacturing and Physical/Digital mailing & shipping industries
o Business unit needs including SLAs to their clients which influences procurement of technology (goods and services)
• Provide problem resolution support between supplier A/R and PBI A/P to ensure timely and accurate supplier payments
• Work collaboratively and proactively to identify process, sourcing, and contract improvement opportunities
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Software, Mechanical, Electrical) or related applied science degree or equivalent relevant experience desirable.
• 3 – 5 years of Procurement, Materials Management, Supply Chain, or Project Management experience with new product introductions or life-cycle management
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint minimum – SharePoint & Access preferred)
• Working knowledge or experience with eProcurement tools and processes (i.e., RFI, RFQ, RFP)
• Ability to effectively bring resolution of issues with all internal and external partners
• Ability to self-manage projects based tasks that are assigned as necessary
• Ensures a positive user experience when working with internal and external customers
• Working knowledge of Strategic Sourcing / Commodity / Spend Category Management methodology
• Ability to travel 15%
• Lean or Six Sigma methodologies experience a plus
Provide the opportunity to grow and develop your career
Offer an inclusive environment that encourages diverse perspectives and ideas
Deliver challenging and unique opportunities to contribute to the success of a transforming organization
Offer comprehensive benefits globally (pbprojectliving.com)
Our Global SMB (Small and Medium Business) Solutions business provides innovative mailing and shipping solutions that enable small and medium businesses to simplify their sending operations and deliver greater value to their customers. Our SMB mailing and shipping technology supports more than one million businesses, from addressing and postage evidencing to multi-carrier parcel shipping and payments.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
W/M/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBT are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.
Job: Supply Chain
Title: Procurement Specialist
Requisition ID: 177572
Other Locations: United States-NY-New York, United States-CT-Stamford