Pitney Bowes Manager of Cross Border Transportation Finance in New York, New York
At Pitney Bowes, we do the right thing, the right way.
As Manager, Cross Border Transportation Finance , you can too.
You will provide critical analytical support to and take specific managerial ownership of weekly transportation profitability analysis/reporting, transportation cost analysis/modeling, and volume forecasting/reporting. You will lead the charge to transform our transportation profitability analysis from a high-level view by line of business, to a granular view by customer, by hub/processing facility, destination country, and weight band. You will also support the completion of ad hoc financial analyses involving transportation costing/pricing, actual cost trends, month-end reconciliation, data querying and analytics, and various operational finance functions.
We have amazing people who are the driving force, the inspiration and foundation of our company. Our thriving culture can be broken down into four components: Client. Team. Win. Innovate.
We actively look for prospects who:
• Are passionate about client success.
• Enjoy collaborating with others.
• Strive to exceed expectations.
• Move boldly in the quest for superior and best in market solutions.
If this sounds like you, then you may be a great fit for Pitney Bowes
This position reports into the Director, Cross Border Transportation Finance. The individual in this role must have a demonstrated track record of meeting deadlines, a willingness to take on new challenges and a high comfort level in regularly interacting with senior members of the company’s management team.
• Perform weekly profitability analysis and reporting – ownership of the client-level and country-level transportation profitability processes across multiple lines of business, including ownership to enhance this process to what our business needs to make informed decisions as quickly as possible.
• Support transportation cost modeling and analytics – understand and support management of transportation cost metrics, support transportation cost modeling for new opportunities and enhancements within our current transportation network
• Manage periodic transportation costing requests to support our response to various customer/vendor RFPs and requests from our pricing teams for customized solution costing.
• Provide analytical support in the completion of ad hoc financial analyses for senior leaders - data validation through variance analysis, from risk measurement to dependency identification to predictive modeling
• Budget and Forecast process support – manage and improve current budget, forecasting, and expense allocation process
• Strategic Planning – Partner with Strategy & Corporate Development on special projects
• Reporting and metrics monitoring – from standardized operational review reporting and metrics to advanced dashboard visualization
• Work with business partners to manage preparation of Board of Director materials
• Support the annual Business Objectives planning process, the development of year-end performance analytics
As Manager, Cross Border Transportation Finance , you have:
• B.S. in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or similar field
• MBA or Masters Degree preferred
• Strong financial modeling and excellent analytical skills
• Prior experience in transportation/logistics functions – preferably in a Cross Border eCommerce context
• Prior experience in presenting to senior leadership
• Mix of Corporate and Operations experience desired
• 3-5 years experience in Financial Planning & Analysis
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
• Self starter who is effective in working as an individual contributor as well as a team player
• Highly motivated and detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task
• Financial Systems experience required – SAP & Oracle Hyperion Essbase preferable
• Database experience – basic SQL knowledge with willingness to develop
• Equivalent education or experience may be substituted for any of the above
• Provide the opportunity to grow and develop your career
• Offer an inclusive environment that encourages diverse perspectives and ideas
• Deliver challenging and unique opportunities to contribute to the success of a transforming organization
• Offer comprehensive benefits globally (pbprojectliving.com)
At Pitney Bowes, our passionate and ambitious team delivers innovations that help clients navigate the complex and always evolving world of commerce: from helping them use data to market to the best customers, to enabling the sending of parcels and packages efficiently, to securing payments through statements and invoices. In everything, we do, we deliver accuracy and precision to drive meaningful impact.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
W/M/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBT are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.
Title: Manager of Cross Border Transportation Finance
Location: NY-New York
Requisition ID: 183384