Pitney Bowes Facilities Systems Administrator in Monroe, New Jersey
At Pitney Bowes, we do the right thing, the right way.
As a Facility Systems Administrator for Pitney Bowes, you can too.
We have amazing people who are the driving force, the inspiration and foundation of our company. Our thriving culture can be broken down into four components: Client. Team. Win. Innovate .
We actively look for prospects who:
• Are passionate about client success.
• Enjoy collaborating with others.
• Strive to exceed expectations.
• Move boldly in the quest for superior and best in market solutions.
A Facilities Systems Administrator who enjoys setting-up, implementing, configuring, troubleshooting, maintaining and supporting of all on-site facility computing systems. You are an individual who will be supporting the Network Operations Team in setting up physical Windows Server environments. You’re an individual who can make recommendations and evaluations regarding software and hardware and is a key team member in the development of standards and procedures for facility technology. You are training and supporting facility personnel on the proper use and care of the equipment and will also ensure that all components are functional and are maintained on a regular basis as outlined by the company’s standard operating procedures.
This position will sit permanently in Monroe, NJ.
This is a second shift position and the hours are 2PM-10PM EST.
• Provide ongoing management and operations support of all hardware and software in the facility which entails installing and maintaining the set-up and on-going support of printers, scales and scan equipment including the loading of printer labels, ribbon, toner, paper, etc.
• Install and maintain all hardware, printing and peripheral equipment and provides support, troubleshooting, and problem detection and repairs as well as general and preventative maintenance as needed. Ensure all support tickets are logged and maintained in a central repository.
• Participate in the evaluation of new technology for the facilities and assists with defining desktop strategies, problem management, needs analysis, evaluation and recommendations of new technologies, standards, meeting service levels, and patch management.
• Provides user and system support and guidance related to facility client processing issues as appropriate and report on production status and/or escalation as required.
• Perform system administration for the Microsoft Windows Operating environment and assists with operational systems such as Oneship, OCR, Kewill, WMS, etc.
• Promptly respond to platform, application problems in local and remote locations on a 24x7 basis.
• Set computing platform standards including technology, configuration, deployment and support methods and processes for hardware, operating systems and network infrastructure standards to meet application availability and performance requirements.
• Achieve functional expertise with computing systems in use at Newgistics while acquiring and maintaining current knowledge of relevant product offerings and support policies
• Handle maintenance and warranty repairs with vendors. If warranty or other repairs are necessary obtain the proper RMA’a and manage the process of shipping and receiving repair items from end to end. Maintain log and/or list of required repairs and maintenance. Clean PC’s, printers, scales and other equipment as required and perform proactive maintenance as needed
• Assist with overseeing updating of patches and applications upgrades as necessary
• Maintain documentation of computing platform to include updated and thoroughly complete inventory of hardware, software and resources for assigned region and oversee any spares as necessary with processes for ongoing management and update of the database. Also coordinate identifying and preparing hardware for disposal when appropriate and ensure data is stripped and secured before disposal
• Recommend process improvements as necessary
• Assist with training employees and temps on the equipment used in the facility
• Travel up to 25% regionally to NGS facilities and vendors as needed
• Performs other duties as required
As a Facility Systems Administrator , you have:
• 3-5 years’ experience in end-user support, systems administration, and familiarity with networking concepts, various hardware and software tools, and demonstrated diagnostic and analytical skills. Experience in a parcel processing setting preferred
• Excellent technical and practical skills with proven expertise and experience in technologies used in Newgistics computing systems to include but not limited to Microsoft Windows operating systems, Microsoft Active Directory, Intel-based desktop and server hardware, LAN/WAN knowledge and experience, Anti-Virus and Anti-Spam, etc. Ability to learn new products and technologies quickly
• Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills and the ability to work independently to solve problems under pressure and to manage multiple projects / priorities under time constraints
• Accuracy and attention to detail and strong organizational skills
• Must have strong sense of urgency and a “can-do” attitude. Must be “goal oriented” and “proactive” with relentless focus on results
• Exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills. Requires the ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing with end users, management, vendors, etc.
• Strong interpersonal skills and “Customer service attitude”. Ability to work well with people / teams and develop and maintain effective working relationships
• A team player attitude and are able to have professional relationship with clients, peers, staff, and management
• Experience working within a warehouse environment, at times, in a range of temperatures and must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. when moving equipment as needed
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Sciences or equivalent experience
• Provide the opportunity to grow and develop your career.
• Offer an inclusive environment that encourages diverse perspectives and ideas.
• Deliver challenging and unique opportunities to contribute to the success of a transforming organization.
• Offer comprehensive benefits globally (pbprojectliving.com).
Our global Innovation team is dedicated to using the best-in-class tools, processes and modern architectures to create great experiences for our clients. In a rapidly changing world, we have a clear technical vision for our future that includes SaaS, APIs, Big Data, Advanced Analytics, Mobile and the Internet of Things. We are also focused on creating great client experiences, utilizing a Design Thinking platform and approach.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
Women/Men/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBTQ are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link
Job: Information Technology
Title: Facilities Systems Administrator
Requisition ID: 184466