Pitney Bowes Operations Manager in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
At Pitney Bowes, we do the right thing, the right way.
As an Operations Manager for Pitney Bowes, you can too.
We have amazing people who are the driving force, the inspiration and foundation of our company. Our thriving culture can be broken down into four components: Client. Team. Win. Innovate.
We actively look for prospects who:
• Are passionate about client success.
• Enjoy collaborating with others.
• Strive to exceed expectations.
• Move boldly in the quest for superior and best in market solutions.
A passionate design leader who can derive client insights, influence and collaborate with a variety of teams. You are a forward thinker who acts with purposefulness and speed and is committed to championing new ideas and creativity while using humor and positivity to build a winning team.
• Organize and schedule production runs by assessing type of mail, volumes and staffing levels needed to process subscribed volumes.
• Be accountable for the management of all operations functional groups through subordinate managers and supervisors, and for the selection, performance management, and professional development of subordinates
• Maintain existing facilities and equipment optimization through a group of technicians; recommends replacements and/or adjustments to facilities and equipment and assists in capital planning when necessary.
• Seek ways to improve service delivery. Assesses the operation and its services from the client’s point of view. Uses customer feedback to drive service and quality enhancements. Emphasizes a team approach to providing great customer service.
• Take personal responsibility for quality. Maintain the operation in an “audit ready” condition at all times
• Foster and support an open, transparent, highly responsive, success-oriented culture built on accountability, respect for people, and the highest standards of integrity and ethical performance.
• Build respect and credibility with stakeholders across the company
• Work to develop and maintain productive business relations with internal and external partners. Consistently make yourself visible and available to associates across all shifts and schedules, as well as other leaders; promote a positive culture characterized by trust and fairness.
• Accompany VP/General Manager on sales calls to give assistance with operational questions and develop rapport with the customer.
• Assist General Manager with the budgeting process and analyses various reports generated from Points System and prepares other reports as requested.
As an Operations Manager , you have:
• An Associates Degree or a minimum of 5 years of experience demonstrating progressively more responsibility in a production environment, preferably in the mailing industry.
• 3-5 years of supervisory experience in an Operating Center averaging 5 million or more pieces per week with a 24 hour operating cycle
• The ability to analyze and interpret general business periodicals and USPS postal regulations.
• The ability to prepare reports and effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers and employees.
• Knowledge of PC software programs including proficiency in spreadsheet and database applications in a Microsoft Office environment.
• Knowledge of PC applications and statistical reporting.
• The ability to promote a safe work environment by understanding workplace environment standards and OSHA regulations
• Knowledge of supervisory techniques to accomplish instruction, motivation and training of personnel.
• Knowledge of management practices and principles and strong leadership skills.
• A flexible schedule to work weekends, holidays and/or different shift with little or no advance notice
• The ability to lift up to 50 #'s, walk, stand or site for long periods of time with or without accommodation.
• Provide the opportunity to grow and develop your career
• Offer an inclusive environment that encourages diverse perspectives and ideas
• Deliver challenging and unique opportunities to contribute to the success of a transforming organization
• Offer comprehensive benefits globally (pbprojectliving.com)
Our Presort Services team is a national outsource provider of mail presort services for first-class and standard-class mail in the U.S. and a workshare partner of the United States Postal Service (USPS). Our Presort Services network provides mailers with end-to-end solutions from pick up at their location to delivery into the postal system. Through our network of 33 U.S. locations, and with our fully customized proprietary technology, we process approximately 15 billion pieces of mail annually and are able to expedite delivery and optimize postage savings for our clients.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
Women/Men/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBTQ are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.
Job: General Management
Title: Operations Manager
Requisition ID: 184965