Pitney Bowes Industrial Engineer, Facilities in Hebron, Kentucky
At Pitney Bowes, we do the right thing, the right way.
As an Industrial Engineer of Facilities for Pitney Bowes, you can too.
We have amazing people who are the driving force, the inspiration and foundation of our company. Our thriving culture can be broken down into four components: Client. Team. Win. Innovate.
We actively look for prospects who:
• Are passionate about client success.
• Enjoy collaborating with others.
• Strive to exceed expectations.
• Move boldly in the quest for superior and best in market solutions.
A Performance-driven Contributor who can develop and deploy a number of operational metrics, continuous improvement initiatives, cost saving initiatives and processes to optimize the cost and performance in the designated facilities.
• Be responsible for working with vendors, real estates, project management, technology, and strategy on multiple projects simultaneously including automation, new building designs, new building launches, system enhancement requirements, and cost savings initiatives.
• Develop continuous improvement initiatives including evaluation of current operations, data analysis and implementation of recommended solutions.
• Evaluate current business processes and future needs to streamline operations and foster sustainable growth
• Development of facility layout and design for new and existing facilities including vendor selection, ROI analysis, and implementations. Provide analysis to ensure optimum ROI's are achieved.
• Monitor, analyze and recommend ways to improve productivity, service, cost performance and waste reduction in all areas of operations
• Develop capacity requirements for current and future operations and design/implement solutions to support capacity needs
• Formally implement 5S methodologies across the facilities with the management team, focusing on business priorities, efficiency improvement initiatives and the scope of work identified through the planning and design phase
• Assist with the deployment of lean warehousing initiatives at the facility level, which includes the rollout of progress boards, metrics boards and employee production standards.
• Develop engineered labor standards to drive a performance and quality culture within the operations
• Optimize automation and warehouse storage by analyzing product dimensions and velocity by client
• Interface with Sales and Account Management on pricing solutions to ensure accurate cost and storage layout for new and existing clients
• Oversee new client implementations and deployments go per schedule and that operations teams have necessary platform to achieve required goals and objectives
• Oversee and assist with new client implementations from an operational engineering and project management standpoint. Create and design operational layout, taking into account timelines and overall operational impact to exceed client expectations and ensure a smooth transition within the operation
• Travel may be necessary up to 50%.
As an Industrial Engineer of Facilities, you have:
• Minimum 3 years industrial engineering experience within the parcel shipping or 3PL fulfillment industry
• Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or related field required
• Strong analytical skills and structured problem solving skills
• Expert in MS Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and AutoCAD
• Proficient with WMS & LMS systems
• Must be a team player with a strong work ethic, as well as excellent people and organizational skills
• Six Sigma Green belt or higher
• Project Management Skills
• Provide the opportunity to grow and develop your career
• Offer an inclusive environment that encourages diverse perspectives and ideas
• Deliver challenging and unique opportunities to contribute to the success of a transforming organization
• Offer comprehensive benefits globally (pbprojectliving.com)
Pitney Bowes Commerce Services business is the fastest growing business unit at Pitney Bowes. Our full suite of domestic and cross-border solutions help businesses of all sizes conduct commerce to Sell Farther, Ship Greater, and Completely OverdeliverTM. As the global leader in cross-border ecommerce, we manage the end-to-end international journey for more than 300 retailers, direct merchants and online marketplaces worldwide. Our end-to-end value also includes industry-leading capabilities in fulfillment, shipping, and returns. These solutions are enabled by cloud-based innovation and powerful analytics tools. We’ve unlocked the secret to shipping that sells - helping our clients fulfill their brand promise with an out of box experience you have to see to believe, returns so smart, they have their own zip code.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
Women/Men/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBTQ are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please apply!
Title: Industrial Engineer, Facilities
Requisition ID: 184366