Pitney Bowes European Contracts Manager - 12 month FTC in Hatfield, United Kingdom
Join Pitney Bowes as European Contracts Manager
At Pitney Bowes, we do the right thing, the right way.
As European Contracts Manager for Pitney Bowes, you can too.
We have amazing people who are the driving force, the inspiration and foundation of our company. Our thriving culture can be broken down into four components: Client. Team. Win. Innovate.
We actively look for prospects who:
• Are passionate about client success.
• Enjoy teamwork and collaborating with others.
• Strive to exceed expectations.
• Move boldly in the quest for superior and best in market solutions.
The primary objective of this role is to provide commercially minded legal contracts support to all business units and functions across Europe, with a focus on technology contracts of various kinds and the support of our French, UK and German businesses.
This location of the position is flexible. The current team are based in the UK, working from London and Hatfield offices and remotely.
This is a fixed term contract for 12 months , to cover current business demands, with the possibility of extension.
The role will involve the below key accountabilities:
• Reviewing, drafting, amending and negotiating a variety of agreements such including equipment sale/lease/rental/finance documents, distribution, software licences (including associated support or professional services), subscription agreements, non-disclosure agreements, and typical procurement agreements.
• Work with the business teams to prepare or respond to legal terms in tenders and advise on business issues as requested or appropriate.
• Supporting legal negotiations with external clients and partners where required.
• Providing guidance and assistance on interpretation of contractual clauses and obligations across the business.
• Approve or refer legal contract terms for approval as appropriate.
• Participate in reviews and maintenance of standard contract templates.
• Being a key interface with customers and internal stakeholders on legal agreements.
• Assist with contracts/legal training to sales and other stakeholders as required.
• Instructing local Counsel across Europe and managing the advice received.
• Participate in ad hoc projects for EMEA & APAC.
• May be required to travel occasionally.
• Law/Business Degree or equivalent by experience.
• In depth knowledge of French and English contract law, and experience of German contract law highly desirable.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
• Able to work collaboratively as part of a “remote-working” but connected and supportive team.
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, and excellent attention to detail.
• Able to effectively assess and advise on commercial risk.
• Proven and demonstrable negotiation skills.
• Ability to draft and edit legal documents with an attention to detail.
• Good customer facing skills, both internally and externally.
• Able to keep matter management systems up to date and comprehensive.
As the European Contracts Manager you will report into the VP & Deputy General Counsel, EMEA & APAC, although work closely and collaboratively with the Senior International Counsel, EMEA & APAC, all other members of the EMEA & APAC Legal team and of the Global Legal & Compliance Organisation. The EMEA & APAC Legal team is a small team supporting the legal and compliance requirements of the business operations, split between the UK and Australia (Sydney). This team forms part of the Global Legal & Compliance Organisation, which has its base at the Pitney Bowes headquarters in Stamford, Connecticut.
About Pitney Bowes:
At Pitney Bowes, our passionate and ambitious team delivers innovations that help clients navigate the complex and always evolving world of commerce: from helping them use data to market to the best customers, to enabling the sending of parcels and packages efficiently, to securing payments through statements and invoices. In everything we do, we deliver accuracy and precision to drive meaningful impact.
Pitney Bowes is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
All interested individuals must apply online.
No Agencies Please
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
Women/Men/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBTQ are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.