Pitney Bowes Manager, Carrier Development in Hartford, Connecticut
At Pitney Bowes, we do the right thing, the right way!
As a Carrier Manager—Network Development for Pitney Bowes, you can too.
.We have amazing people who are the driving force, the inspiration and foundation of our company. Our thriving culture can be broken down into four components: Client. Team. Win. Innovate.
We actively look for prospects who:
• Are passionate about client success.
• Enjoy collaborating with others.
• Strive to exceed expectations.
• Move boldly in the quest for superior and best in market solutions.
• Have a high-level of ethics and commitment as well as being a self-starter
If this sounds like you, then you may be a great fit for Pitney Bowes
An experienced Carrier Manager who will drive optimum business performance and the right decisions through experience and data analytics. This position is part of the dynamic Cross Border Transportation Team and reports into the Director, International Logistics. The ideal candidate works well under pressure, prioritizes and executes projects efficiently, and demonstrates exceptional communications skills. Position works primarily from the New York City or Shelton, CT office and requires travel—up to 25% - 50%.
• Partner with cross-functional Teams in Operations, Procurement, Sales, Client Success and Customer Service to understand key deficiencies in current Customer Experience and understand future business needs.
• Design and develop new service offerings and new carrier integrations.
• Contribute to RFP’s and provide analytics and recommendations strategic decision for new projects.
• Help define estimated transportation cost and manage / maintain KPI’s related to cost per parcel, cost per KG, margin estimate vs actual, etc.
• Define strategic opportunities and influence strategic priorities, timelines and investments.
• Project manage new initiatives as they transition from planning, to implementation and on to run-the-business phases of the project life cycle.
• Establish, develop, implement and deliver against an aggressive freight budget based on advanced analytics of logistics network.
• Contribute to contract negotiations.
• Other assignments as directed.
• Bachelor’s degree (Business/Logistics/Supply Chain preferred but not required, MBA or advanced degree a plus)
• 10 years Logistics/Supply Chain Management experience specializing in transportation, distribution, freight management, customs and/or last mile delivery.
• Experience building or managing complex, time-sensitive international logistics networks. Experience in ecommerce, B2C shipments a plus.
• Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills
• Working knowledge of MS Office suite (Word/Excel/Powerpoint) and integrated software applications
• Demonstrated ability to perform financial analysis with superior organizational skills and attention to detail
• Experience in e-commerce industry preferred but not required
• Manage themselves with a high level of integrity, respect and exemplify PBI core values and beliefs
• Provide the opportunity to grow and develop your career
• Offer an inclusive environment that encourages diverse prospective and ideas
• Deliver challenging and unique opportunities to contribute to the success of a transforming organization
• Offer comprehensive benefits globally (pbprojectliving.com
Pitney Bowes Global Ecommerce provides a comprehensive range of global ecommerce and cross-border shipping solutions that help U.S. and U.K. retailers and online marketplaces reach consumers around the world. Recently, Pitney Bowes acquired Borderfree, a market leader in global ecommerce solutions. This move accelerates our strategic vision to grow our company through expansion of our digital commerce business.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
W/M/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBT are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.
Job: Supply Chain
Title: Manager, Carrier Development
Requisition ID: 177518