Pitney Bowes Driver III (CDL B) in Hartford, Connecticut
At Pitney Bowes, we do the right thing, the right way.
As a CDL B Driver in Hartford, CT for Pitney Bowes, you can too.
We have amazing people who are the driving force, the inspiration and foundation of our company. Our thriving culture can be broken down into four components: Client. Team. Win. Innovate .
We actively look for prospects who:
• Are passionate about client success.
• Enjoy collaborating with others.
• Strive to exceed expectations.
• Move boldly in the quest for superior and best in market solutions.
If this sounds like you, then you may be a great fit for Pitney Bowes
Performance driven individual who is committed to provide innovative service to our clients. You are approachable and relationship-oriented as you contribute to Pitney Bowes success.
· Inspects assigned vehicle per the Pitney Bowes Presort Services pre-trip inspection guidelines and procedures daily. Report any defective findings to the Transportation Supervisor to be fixed immediately.
· Maintains a daily driver’s log or route sheet for mileage, stops and cargo, or utilization of TMW system.
· Maintains pickup and delivery schedules meeting deadlines utilizing software tools.
· Knows and understands safety and security precautions and follows company policies and keeps vehicle clean.
· Ensures the mail is reviewed for proper dates, presort slugs and a pickup slip is attached with each order prior to loading on the truck.
· Ensures USPS equipment is used only for the movement of “Live” mail.
· Returns client damaged or undeliverable mail, following internal handling procedures for damaged secured mail.
· Uses all required cell phone applications.
· Keeps work area clean by ensuring mail bins are under machines or in APC’s, plastic straps are off floor to prevent possible tripping hazards, and sweeping the floors between assigned pickups or deliveries, and all other duties as assigned.
· Demonstrates safety and security precautions and follows company policies.
As a CDL B Driver, you have:
· Must be minimum 21 years in age.
· Ability to drive a CDL straight truck or equivalent.
· Ability to read a map and understand directions.
· Ability to understand and become knowledgeable with USPS regulations and managing standards.
· Valid state motor vehicle operator’s license in the state where the driver resides (CDL Class B) and meet applicable DOT requirements for CDL.
· Minimum of one year verifiable driving experience and a minimum of 75,000 miles in the last five years driving a Straight Truck with safe driving record.
· Ability to lift at least 50 lbs., walk, stand, stoop and bend with or without accommodations.
· Must have the ability to work mandatory overtime that may include weekends, holidays and or a different shift with little or no advance notice.
· Candidates must have a basic enough understanding of English to be able to understand and follow safety and other operational directions communicated in English, irrespective of their native language.
· The starting hourly rate is $18.50.
· The schedule is 12pm to 9pm.
Provide the opportunity to grow and develop your career
Offer an inclusive environment that encourages diverse perspectives and ideas
Deliver challenging and unique opportunities to contribute to the success of a transforming organization
Offer comprehensive benefits globally (pbprojectliving.com)
Our Presort Services team is a national outsource provider of mail presort services for first-class and standard-class mail in the U.S. and a workshare partner of the United States Postal Service (USPS). Our Presort Services network provides mailers with end-to-end solutions from pick up at their location to delivery into the postal system. Through our network of 33 U.S. locations, and with our fully customized proprietary technology, we process approximately 15 billion pieces of mail annually and are able to expedite delivery and optimize postage savings for our clients.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
W/M/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBT are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.
Job: Regulated Driver
Title: Driver III (CDL B)
Requisition ID: 172462