Pitney Bowes Mail Presorter, 2nd Shift (MULTIPLE OPENINGS AVAILABLE) in Fridley, Minnesota
At Pitney Bowes, we do the right thing, the right way.
As a Presorter for Pitney Bowes, you can too.
We have amazing people who are the driving force, the inspiration and foundation of our company. Our thriving culture can be broken down into four components: Client. Team. Win. Innovate.
We actively look for prospects who:
Are passionate about client success.
Enjoy collaborating with others.
Strive to exceed expectations.
Move boldly in the quest for superior and best in market solutions.
If this sounds like you, then you may be a great fit for Pitney Bowes
A detail-oriented individual who will prepare outgoing mail by reviewing proper date, postage and barcodes prior to being placed into production. You are a hard-working contributor who can help the company meet their mailing productivity standards.
· Ensure the mail is reviewed for proper date, postage, and good quality barcodes prior to being placed into production. Prepare outgoing mail and conduct first quality check on completed production runs.
· Communicate errors and recognize bad barcodes found in the mail to operator or supervisor to prevent re-work of mail. Properly organize postage metered rejects separated by postage rate and keep mail arranged by specific jobs.
· Troubleshoot and remove mail piece jams from machine by avoiding damage to the mail and to avoid double counts on the machine.
· Complete end of run production tasks (i.e. proper disposition of extra mail, placement of bins, stocking trays and tag holders, stocking all supplies needed to run production, etc.).
· Promote a clean work area to prevent possible injuries and/or tripping hazards to self and others.
· Perform all additional duties as required.
As a Presorter , You have:
Thorough knowledge of the processing and flow of mail.
Knowledge of postal regulations that relate to bar coded mailings.
Strong organizational and time management skills.
The ability to lift up to 50 lbs. with or without accommodations.
The ability to walk, stand, stoop, and bend 80% of the time with or without accommodation.
A basic enough understanding of English to be able to understand and follow safety and other operational directions communicated in English, irrespective of their native language.
The ability to work overtime which may include weekends, holidays and or a different shift with little or no advance notice.
Provide the opportunity to grow and develop your career
Offer an inclusive environment that encourages diverse perspectives and ideas
Deliver challenging and unique opportunities to contribute to the success of a transforming organization
Offer comprehensive benefits globally (pbprojectliving.com
Our Presort Services team is a national outsource provider of mail presort services for first-class and standard-class mail in the U.S. and a workshare partner of the United States Postal Service (USPS). Our Presort Services network provides mailers with end-to-end solutions from pick up at their location to delivery into the postal system. Through our network of 33 U.S. locations, and with our fully customized proprietary technology, we process approximately 15 billion pieces of mail annually and are able to expedite delivery and optimize postage savings for our clients.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
W/M/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBT are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.
Job: Client Operations
Title: Mail Presorter, 2nd Shift (MULTIPLE OPENINGS AVAILABLE)
Requisition ID: 170689