Pitney Bowes Senior Software Engineer in Charlotte, North Carolina
At Pitney Bowes, we do the right thing, the right way.
As an Sr. Software Engineer for Pitney Bowes, you can too.
We have amazing people who are the driving force, the inspiration and foundation of our company. Our thriving culture can be broken down into four components: Client. Team. Win. Innovate.
We actively look for prospects who:
• Are passionate about client success.
• Enjoy collaborating with others.
• Strive to exceed expectations.
• Move boldly in the quest for superior and best in market solutions.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please apply.
A strong Senior Software Engineer who specializes in the Development Operations specializing in Java builds using technologies such as Chef, Puppet, Maven, Gradle, GIT, etc. You are going to be supporting our public facing shipping API product, which is the fastest growing product across our eCommerce platform.
This position will be based out of Shelton, CT or Boulder, CO.
The PB Team is open to this individual working 100% remote as well, but will be required to travel to Shelton, CT when needed.
• Build and maintain the tools, method/process, and interfaces for deployment of applications and services to different environments
• Provide a stable solution and maintenance for CI and/or CD
• Monitor development to production environments for availability and performance
• Research, test and implement leading technical solutions to improve performance and stability of applications and services
• Support production environments across the globe
As a Senior Software Engineer, DevOps you have:
• Master Degree in Engineering required.
• 5 years of experience in Information Technology and/or Engineering
• 2 years of experience in operations or DevOps role
• Experience with Ansible, Chef or Puppet for configuration management
• Expertise with Maven and/or Gradle for builds
• Expertise with Jenkins and Pipeline – CI, job scheduler
• Expertise with GIT or equivalent version control systems
• Knowledge in ANT or Python (coding and scripting) and package mgmt. software
• At least 1 year of experience with AWS, Azure or Cloud infrastructure.
• Ability to communicate remotely with teams in the United States and India
• Communication skills to explain operational activities and challenges to management
• Artifact tool – Nexus or Artifactory
• Java and/or Python Programming Experience
• SQL or NoSQL DB experience – MySQL, DynamoDB or equivalent
• Atlassian tools – Jira, Confluence
• Monitoring/log – Sumologic, Splunk, or equivalent
• Solid understanding of Agile development methodology – Scrum/Kanban/XP
• Disaster Recovery implementation
• Provide the opportunity to grow and develop your career
• Offer an inclusive environment that encourages diverse perspectives and ideas
• Deliver challenging and unique opportunities to contribute to the success of a transforming organization
• Offer comprehensive benefits globally (pbprojectliving.com)
Our global Innovation team is dedicated to using the best-in-class tools, processes and modern architectures to create great experiences for our clients. In a rapidly changing world, we have a clear technical vision for our future that includes SaaS, APIs, Big Data, Advanced Analytics, Mobile and the Internet of Things. We are also focused on creating great client experiences, utilizing a Design Thinking platform and approach.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
W/M/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBT are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please apply!
Title: Senior Software Engineer
Requisition ID: 178934