Pitney Bowes Global Finance Applications Manager in Shelton, Connecticut
About the Opportunity
As a Global Finance Applications Manager at Pitney Bowes, you thrive on transforming and supporting our financial operations and services by identifying, proposing, managing and implementing strategic solutions, delivering them with precision. You see opportunities where others see challenges.
Build. Deploy. Bridge. Grow.
In this role, you will join our Information Technology Enterprise Business Applications (IT/EBA) team in Shelton, CT and report to the Director of Global Finance Applications. You will be responsible for:
- Partner with business counterparts to identify improvement and transformation opportunities, incorporating best practices into PB’s Financial processes as appropriate
- Manage the end-to-end delivery of technical solutions supporting Finance operations and services
- Manage a team of Subject Matter Experts (SMEs)
- Act as the single point of contact between business counterparts and IT, engaging with other IT teams (BI, Middleware, Infrastructure, etc.) and external providers of technical solutions and services
- Build relationships and interact with external vendors (banks, consulting firms, service and software vendors, etc.) as and when required to deliver and manage business solutions
- Keen awareness of financial processes best practices and regulations across all finance functions and process areas, related technology solutions and industry trends
- Proven record managing techno/functional teams in full-life cycle engagements, using industry recognized methodologies and technology to deliver business value
- Proven record managing a team of techno/functional SMEs across finance process areas
- Must be a self-starter and a team player with strong communication skills and proven ability being an agent of change, building productive partnerships with peers, both internal and external, motivating and educating other team members, inspiring behavioral change as per PB vision
- Undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, Management Information Systems is preferred; advanced degree MS/MBA and technical certification in SAP is a plus.
*Preferred qualifications: *
- 5 years of relevant experience in SAP FI/CO and Treasury/Cash Management; Treasury and Risk Management, in-house banking, SWIFT and e-Finance, a plus
- Experience integrating SAP with commonly used bolt-on/add-on technologies (Tax, Consolidations, Financial Services, Electronic Payments, Workflow, etc.)
- Hands-on experience working in hybrid onsite/offshore production support teams is desirable.
- Very Strong knowledge of processes across the entire Finance function and knowledge of SAP functionality and integration across modules, including but not limited to: New G/L, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Materials Management/Invoice Verification, SRM, Project Systems, Sales and Distribution
- Knowledge of best practices in industries relevant to PB (e.g. Software, Professional Services and Manufacturing) and the use of SAP as an enabler is a plus
- Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to work in a fast moving environment, demonstrated agility and ability to quickly adapt to change
- Some travel to locations both domestic and international will be required. The Team
At Pitney Bowes, our passionate and ambitious team delivers innovations that help clients navigate the complex and always evolving world of commerce: from helping them use data to market to the best customers, to enabling the sending of parcels and packages efficiently, to securing payments through statements and invoices. In everything, we do, we deliver accuracy and precision to drive meaningful impact.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
W/M/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBT are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.
Job: *Information Technology
Title: Global Finance Applications Manager
Requisition ID: 165789