Pitney Bowes Driver I (Non CDL) in Reading, Pennsylvania
About the Opportunity
As a Van Driver at Pitney Bowes, you thrive on meeting the company's mailing productivity standards and you deliver with precision. You see opportunities where others see challenges.
Build. Deploy. Bridge. Grow.
In this role, you'll join our Presort Services team in Reading, PA. You will be responsible for:
- Picks up and delivers mail from our customers by operating a company van weighing up to 10,000 GVWR.
- Inspects assigned vehicle per the Pitney Bowes pre-trip inspection guidelines and procedures.
- Reports any defective findings to the Transportation Supervisor.
- Maintains a daily driver’s log or route sheet for mileage and cargo.
- Inspects products to verify conformance to customer and USPS specifications and regulations.
- Ensures that the mail is reviewed for proper dates, presort slugs and a pickup slip is attached with each order prior to loading on the truck.
- Promotes a clean work area to prevent possible injuries and/or tripping hazards to self and others.
- Assists in dispatch area between assigned pickups.
All other duties as assigned.
Valid state motor vehicle operator's license-Class C.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good customer services skills a must.
- Minimum age of 18 years old
- Ability to read a map and understand directions with or without accommodations.
- Ability to understand and become knowledgeable with USPS regulations and managing standards with or without accommodations.
- Ability to lift, push and/or carry up to 50 lbs with or without accommodations.
- Ability to drive a Van up to 10,000 GVWR.
- Regularly sit and/or stand for long periods of time with or without accommodations.
- A Minimum of one year experience driving a similar sized vehicle with a safe driving record.
- Based on operational need; must have a flexible schedule to work overtime, which may include weekends, holiday, and/or a different shift with limited or no advance notice.
- Ability to meet and comply with all applicable US Department of Transportation requirements for pre-employment and post hire.
- Satisfactory completion of our pre-employment process which may include DOT driving tests, drug screens and background verifications.
- Candidates must have a basic enough understanding of English to be able to understand and follow safety and other operational directions communicated in English, irrespective of their native language.
The starting hourly rate is $12.00.
Pitney Bowes Presort Services
Our Presort Services team is a national outsource provider of mail presort services for first-class and standard-class mail in the U.S. and a workshare partner of the United States Postal Service (USPS). Our Presort Services network provides mailers with end-to-end solutions from pick up at their location to delivery into the postal system. Through our network of 33 U.S. locations, and with our fully-customized proprietary technology, we process approximately 15 billion pieces of mail annually and are able to expedite delivery and optimize postage savings for our clients.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
M/F/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBT are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.
Job: *Non Regulated Drivers
Title: Driver I (Non CDL)
Requisition ID: 165476