Pitney Bowes Transportation Supervisor in Rancho Dominguez, California
About the Opportunity
As a Transportation Supervisor at Pitney Bowes, you thrive on meeting the company's mailing productivity standards and you deliver with precision. You see opportunities where others see challenges.
Build. Deploy. Bridge. Grow.
In this role, you'll join our Presort Services team in Rancho Dominguez, CA. You will be responsible for:
· Supervises and assigns specific responsibilities to all transportation personnel including route delivery.
· Ensures prompt and accurate delivery/pick-up of all service requests for customers, and other transportation activities as required by the needs of the company and customer base.
· Manages site transportation vendors including sourcing vendor contacts.
· Ensures all drivers are compliant with DOT regulations.
· Maintains DOT files.
· Ensures the transportation team provides excellent internal and external customer service while achieving total labor ratio goals.
· Manages the human resources aspect of supervision including New Hire Orientation and training, performance appraisals, counseling, hiring and terminations.
· Manages service providers to ensure delivery performance standards and operational practices are in line with contractual agreements and performance benchmarks.
· Demonstrates safety and security processes and follows company policies.
· Communicates with the Regional Logistics Manager, Logistics Center and Operations team regarding any accidents, special, late or missing pickups and forwards the information to the appropriate parties.
· Coordinates with production to ensure the mail is dispatched on time and assures that all transportation tasks are completed.
· Inspects assigned vehicle per the PBPS pre-trip inspection guidelines and procedures daily, and reports any defective findings to the leasing company or service shop for immediate repair.
· Ensures USPS equipment is used only for the movement of “Live” mail.
· Returns client damaged or undeliverable mail, following internal handling procedures for damaged secured mail.
· Uses all required cell phone applications.
· Must be minimum of 21 years in age.
· Valid state motor vehicle operator’s license in State where driver resides.
· Ability to drive a Non-CDL straight truck (26,000lbs).
· Minimum of one year experience driving similar sized vehicles (Non-CDL straight truck) and maintain a safe driving record.
· Ability to read a map and understand directions.
· Two years transportation/fleet experience including customer processing, route delivery procedures and basic security and operational procedures.
· Two years management experience to include employee relations, performance management, hiring, training and coaching.
· Ability to communicate with customers, co-workers, subordinates and different levels within the organization in a professional and courteous manner.
· Ability to coordinate and manage DOT compliance.
· Ability to lift up to 50 lbs with or without accommodations.
· Candidates must have a basic enough understanding of English to be able to understand and follow safety and other operational directions communicated in English, irrespective of their native language.
Pitney Bowes Presort Services
Our Presort Services team is a national outsource provider of mail presort services for first-class and standard-class mail in the U.S. and a workshare partner of the United States Postal Service (USPS). Our Presort Services network provides mailers with end-to-end solutions from pick up at their location to delivery into the postal system. Through our network of 33 U.S. locations, and with our fully-customized proprietary technology, we process approximately 15 billion pieces of mail annually and are able to expedite delivery and optimize postage savings for our clients.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
M/F/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBT are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.
Job: *Regulated Driver
Title: Transportation Supervisor
Location: CA-Rancho Dominguez
Requisition ID: 165841