Pitney Bowes National Logistics Manager - Parcels in Omaha, Nebraska
About the Opportunity
As a National Logistic Manager at Pitney Bowes, you thrive on meeting the company’s mailing productivity standards and you deliver with precision. You see opportunities where others see challenges.
Build. Deploy. Bridge. Grow.
In this role, you’ll join our Presort Service team in Omaha, NE. You will be responsible for:
• Provides recommendations on process and/or procedure improvements needed to assist in growing the parcel line of service
o Analyze and interpret volumes of Parcel shipping data, clarify pricing, terms and conditions
o Identify areas of opportunity, Carrier selection: global and regional, Competitive agreement optimization
• Monitor expenses by reviewing financial data with period comparison dashboards. Analyze trends and expense drivers like: fuel, accessorial, zones and weight classes.
o Review operational efficiency by comparing costs and productivity determining the most efficient mode that meets clients and operation’s needs. .
• Get line-of-sight into your carrier services by reviewing on-time performance metrics, spend trends, cost per package averages and air/ground utilization details. Manage vendor compliance to reduce fraud
o Review monthly Metrics Scorecard with VP/GM (Set goals for cost savings)
• 5 - 7 years of experience in the transportation industry, with a minimum of 2 years focus on Parcels and LTL responsibilities. 5-7 years on Supply Chain Management, Pricing or routing- optimization
• Transportation industry knowledge with emphasis on Parcel activity.
• Audit experience with ability to document all findings in a concise and comprehensive manner
• Advanced level skills with Microsoft Suite applications
• Excellent organization skills, proven written and verbal communication skills.
Our Presort Services team is a national outsource provider of mail presort services for first-class and standard-class mail in the U.S. and a workshare partner of the United States Postal Service (USPS). Our Presort Services network provides mailers with end-to-end solutions from pick up at their location to delivery into the postal system. Through our network of 33 U.S. locations, and with our fully customized proprietary technology, we process approximately 15 billion pieces of mail annually and are able to expedite delivery and optimize postage savings for our clients.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
W/M/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBT are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.
Job: Supply Chain
Title: National Logistics Manager - Parcels
Requisition ID: 167714