Pitney Bowes Database Design Analyst in Omaha, Nebraska
About the Opportunity
This position designs, develops, and supports our database applications and related processes. This position analyzes complex data requests and architects solutions. This individual solves business challenges and needs by translating requirements into solutions that provide our business with tools to exceed our client’s expectations.
This is located in our offices in Omaha, NE.
Build. Deploy. Bridge. Grow.
- Participate in the design and engineering of database development projects using the latest industry standards, tools and techniques. Support, maintain and enhance existing applications.
- Design and develop applications and solutions to meet business requirements as well as technical standards with emphasis on usability, lasting design, maintainability, reliability, performance, and scalability.
- Applies data analytics and performs data-mining as needed.
- Analyze complex data requests and architects solutions.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationship with key business users including Executive staff.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of the organization; influence change as needed.
- Communicate and collaborate appropriately and diplomatically with our clients; reserve debate and approval discussions for internal decision makers.
- Actively participate in all stages of SDLC.
- Proficient in the use of Source Code Control tools and processes.
- Participate in code reviews in accordance with team processes/standards.
- Use appropriate change management procedures.
- Use and comply with all policies and processes in the organization.
- Provide on-call support for applications as required. Occasionally may also need to provide weekend support.
- Minimum of a Bachelor Degree in IT, MIS or Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- 10 years developing in Microsoft technologies.
- 5 years of database development.
- Prior experience in technical design of complex database development projects.
- Extrapolating business requirements and translating into them technical designs.
- SQL Server
- Writing stored procedures
- Writing & troubleshooting advanced SQL queries
- Adept at SQL query performance diagnosis & tuning
- SSRS – SQL Server Reporting Services
- SSIS – data integration & workflow
- Nested stored procedures
- User defined SQL functions & types
At Pitney Bowes, our passionate and ambitious team delivers innovations that help clients navigate the complex and always evolving world of commerce: from helping them use data to market to the best customers, to enabling the sending of parcels and packages efficiently, to securing payments through statements and invoices. In everything, we do, we deliver accuracy and precision to drive meaningful impact.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
W/M/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBT are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.
Job: *Information Technology
Title: Database Design Analyst
Requisition ID: 165536