Pitney Bowes Business Analyst Specialist in New York, New York
About the Opportunity
The Business Analyst is responsible for providing financial analysis and reporting to the Pitney Bowes Global Ecommerce (GEC) business unit in support of Pitney Bowes’ growth.
The Business Analyst will lead and support all on-going analysis, reporting and insights across a number of different domains including but not limited to sales, profitability/financial analysis, rate change analysis and execution. This role is located in our New York City offices.
This individual will help establish, manage and communicate standard daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual key KPI/Metrics dashboards required to support the running of the business. The Business Analyst will work directly with the GEC Business Leader / unit he/she is aligned with on the unit’s specific business reporting requirements. Additionally, this individual will support any other reporting requirements and will be expected to identify reporting gaps and close them off.
Build. Deploy. Bridge. Grow.
This role requires a highly quantitative individual who will be responsible for doing end-to-end high impact analytical projects for Pitney Bowes GEC clients and internal initiatives. This individual must thrive in a fast-paced client facing environment requiring them to be resourceful and look at a situation, deconstruct it and have the foresight to anticipate what could be and not what is obvious. * 3 years of related work experience in a Business Intelligence analysis and reporting capacity * Undergraduate degree in computer science (preferred) or other quantitative field * Retail, CRM, or B2C e-commerce background * Prior experience working with Pentaho or Tableau * Prior experience using Pentaho kettle ETL tools (spoon, etc.) * Experience coding in Python and/or Java * Experience performance-tuning Vertica database and queries
- Solid understanding of data: how to organize it, how to model it, how to distill insights from it, and how to visualize it
- Intellectual curiosity; ability to draw connections and understand the “why” as well as the “what” in the data
- Good technical, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Eagerness to learn and ability to adapt
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Strong quantitative, data tabulation and analytic skills
- Demonstrated keen sense of detail and accuracy
- Strong analytical/modeling skills with ability to convert raw data into actionable business insights
- Excellent SQL skills (coding by hand; proficient at using analytic functions including partition windows)
- Advanced Excel skills (PivotTables at a minimum, VBA macros experience preferable)
- Familiarity with data warehouse design principles (OLAP, star schema fundamentals)
- Linux skills
- Solid communication skills (interpersonal, written and oral) The Team
At Pitney Bowes, our passionate and ambitious team delivers innovations that help clients navigate the complex and always evolving world of commerce: from helping them use data to market to the best customers, to enabling the sending of parcels and packages efficiently, to securing payments through statements and invoices. In everything, we do, we deliver accuracy and precision to drive meaningful impact.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
W/M/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBT are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link
Job: *Business Process
Title: Business Analyst Specialist
Location: NY-New York
Requisition ID: 165318