Pitney Bowes Presorter in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
About the Opportunity
As a Presorter at Pitney Bowes , you thrive to meet the company's mailing productivity standards and deliver with precision. You see opportunities where others see challenges.
Build. Deploy. Bridge. Grow.
In this role, you'll join our Presort Services Team in Brown Deer, WI
• Ensures that the mail is reviewed for proper date, postage, and good quality barcodes prior to being placed into production. Prepares outgoing mail and conducts first quality check on completed production run.
• Communicates errors and recognizes bad barcodes found in the mail to operator or supervisor to prevent re-work of mail. Properly organizes postage metered rejects separated by postage rate and keeps mail arranged by specific jobs.
• Troubleshoots and removes mail piece jams from machine by avoiding damage to the mail and to avoid double counts on the machine.
• Completes end of run production tasks (i.e. proper disposition of extra mail, placement of bins, stocking trays and tag holders, stocking all supplies needed to run production, etc.).
• Promotes a clean work area to prevent possible injuries and/or tripping hazards to self and others.
• Additional duties as required.
Rate of Pay: $9.25 any applicable shift differential
You will work a 37.5 hour work 5 day work week Sunday – Saturday. You may not have two consecutive days off and you may have to work weekends. An exact shift will be provided to you at time of offer.
First shift = 8:00am to 4:00pm
Second Shift = 4:00pm to 12:00am
Third Shift = 12:00am to 8:00am
Interview Day, Thursday, July 13 2 11 am and 2:00 pm
Thorough knowledge of the processing and flow of mail.
Knowledge of postal regulations that relate to bar coded mailings.
Strong organizational and time management skills.
Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. with or without accommodations.
Ability to walk, stand, stoop, and bend 80% of the time with or without accommodation.
Candidates must have a basic enough understanding of English to be able to understand and follow safety and other operational directions communicated in English, irrespective of their native language.
Must have the ability to work overtime which may include weekends, holidays and or a different shift with little or no advance notice.
Our Presort Services team is a national outsource provider of mail presort services for first-class and standard-class mail in the U.S. and a workshare partner of the United States Postal Service (USPS). Our Presort Services network provides mailers with end-to-end solutions from pick up at their location to deliver into the postal system. Through our network of 33 U.S. locations, and with our fully customized proprietary technology, we process approximately 15 billion pieces of mail annually and are able to expedite delivery and optimize postage savings for our clients.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
M/F/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBT are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.
Job: Client Operations
Requisition ID: 166960