Pitney Bowes Director, Strategic Technical Alliances, Software Solutions in Los Angeles, California
About the Opportunity
As a member of the Strategic Technical Alliances team at Pitney Bowes you will lead our technical partnering relationships with key global technology partners. Alliance development is a crucial platform for growth for PB. We prefer the position to be located on the west coast however this position can be located anywhere in the US and report to the Vice President of Engineering.
Build. Deploy. Bridge. Grow.
You will be responsible for:
• Vet partnering opportunities to determine which partners Pitney Bowes should prioritize to develop solutions with based on specific defined selection criteria. Lead the ideation efforts with the strategic partner to identify areas of high opportunity.
• Develop the overall technology partnering strategy with the alliance partner. Many of these partners have multiple business areas and Pitney Bowes may have many areas of intersection with them that need to be managed proactively.
• Work with select technology partners to develop joint solutions and bring them to market
• Working with a cross functional team, lead the development of business cases for alliance initiatives. This includes development of use cases, technical development/integration architecture, market opportunity analysis, financial modeling, competitive assessment and architecting the go to market model.
• Secure commitment within PB and with the partner around the development and launch of the joint solutions which have been approved based on business case reviews.
• Manage the deal negotiations with the partner, leveraging an internal cross functional team, driving to successful and timely closure. Deal strategy, project management and execution is an absolute requirement for this position.
• Coordinate all phases of development of the solutions and managing a virtual team (internally and within the partner) to successfully develop and launch the solution.
• Work with sales (PB and partner sales leaders), marketing and enablement to launch the solution into the market and gain initial sales in incubation phase.
• Measure success against metrics make needed adjustments to the solution based on this feedback.
• Maintain a pipeline of solutions under development to drive future innovative solutions to market.
• New business/client development, this is not an “account management” or channel sales position.
Bachelor’s degree in a technology-related field; MBA preferred
10 years business development experience
5-7 years experience specific to alliance development
5-7 years of software industry experience
Must have full life cycle experience bringing software SaaS solutions to market
Experience leveraging location intelligence (LI) or big data solutions preferred
Strong executive relationships building, & negotiation skills are critical to success
Established relationships with global technology & service firms strongly preferred
At Pitney Bowes, our passionate and ambitious team delivers innovations that help clients navigate the complex and always evolving world of commerce: from helping them use data to market to the best customers, to enabling the sending of parcels and packages efficiently, to securing payments through statements and invoices. In everything we do, we deliver accuracy and precision to drive meaningful impact.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
W/M/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBT are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.
Job: Sales Operations
Title: Director, Strategic Technical Alliances, Software Solutions
Location: CA-Los Angeles
Requisition ID: 165791