Pitney Bowes Presales Solution Engineer, Location Intelligence in Lanham, Maryland
About the Opportunity
Pitney Bowes Software is currently seeking a Solution Engineer to join our Presales organization
Pitney Bowes provides technology solutions for small, mid-size and large firms that help them connect with customers to build loyalty and grow revenue. This position will sit in our Pitney Bowes Software business unit, which provides global software solutions, data, and services to help you identify high valued customers, and precisely locate these customers all around the world. These insights will allow you to increase your competitive advantages, enhancing your decision-making abilities through an array of offerings in Location Intelligence.
Build. Deploy. Bridge. Grow.
The mission of our Presales team is to show customers the value they will achieve through our solutions, and to advance sales opportunities. This position will assist with sales opportunities for products and solutions within our Customer Information Management lines of business. This position may work remotely out of a home office, or out of a local Pitney Bowes Software office if applicable. You will be responsible for:
• Provide deal execution support through subject matter expertise in PB Software solutions.
• Active participation in opportunity discovery and sales strategy sessions.
• Analyze stakeholders, identify and recognize prospect traits and determine how to effectively influence their decision.
• Build and perform prospect relevant presentations and solution demonstrations, delivered in-person and remotely.
• Active participation in scoping and executing client Proofs of Concept (POCs).
• Support demand generation efforts and provide staffing for marketing events.
• Active participation in after sale transition to consulting services.
• Contribute to written proposals and RFP responses.
• Stay current on industry / technical trends, developments.
• 5-10 years of experience in enterprise software Presales.
• Must be highly organized, with attention to detail.
• Must have effective decision making abilities.
• Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Effective time management, multitasking and prioritization skills a must.
• Up to 70% travel required.
Strong domain expertise in either:
o Spatial Analytics
o Geographic Data
o Demographic / Socio-economic Data
o Lifestyle Segmentation – CAMEO, MOSAIC, PSYTE, etc.
o Industry Specific – Insurance Risk
• Proven record of accomplishment of sales success in a Presales role.
• Understanding of Web-based application architectures and Mapping domain expertise preferred.
• Installation and scripting experience with common platforms / languages.
• Experience and strong desire to work in a dynamic, responsive, fast-paced sales organization.
• Comfort and confidence interacting with customers and delivering formal presentations, to management and executive, C-level audiences.
• Ability to rapidly assimilate and distill complex information.
• Ability to demonstrate the value of a solution (not demonstrate functionality) to advance the sale.
• Ability to build a strong working relationship and credibility with both the prospect and the PB Software opportunity team.
• Strong sense of teamwork, integrity, self-motivation and positive attitude.
• Strong problem solving skills.
Our Software team powers global commerce, processing billions of transactions every year. Our Software technology and solutions help businesses operate faster and more efficiently. How? By identifying trusted data and insights to create targeted, effective messaging, by providing accurate geographic data to make smarter business decisions, and by delivering relevant and engaging interactions across the customer lifecycle to drive increased satisfaction.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
W/M/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBT are encouraged to apply.
lnterested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.
Title: Presales Solution Engineer, Location Intelligence
Requisition ID: 167464
Other Locations: United States-IL-Chicago, United States-CO-Denver, United States-MN-Minneapolis, United States-FL-Miami, United States-CA-Los Angeles, United States-NY-New York, United States-TX-Dallas