Pitney Bowes 3rd Shift Trainer in Indianapolis, Indiana
About the Opportunity **
As a Quality Control Trainer at Pitney Bowes, you thrive on meeting the company’s mailing productivity standards and you deliver with precision. You see opportunities where others see challenges. **
Build. Deploy. Bridge. Grow.**
In this role, you’ll join our Presort Service team in Indianapolis, IN. You will be responsible for:**
Ensures all new hires, contract and PB employees have a good understanding of all Job responsibilities including safe work practices:
• Responsible for administering new hire, contract and applicable PB employee training
• Inspects customer’s mail and monitors quality control and line check of new hire and contract employee’s work during training period to ensure accuracy.
• Ongoing follow-up and administration of applicable testing for all PB and contract employees to ensure they understand their role and responsibilities.
• Guiding new hires and contract employees on the application of safe work practices through constant reinforcement and providing an on-going example of safe work practices.
• Weekly report provided to Management identifying training status of all PB and contract employees.
• Conducts initial 90 day TQM certification and maintains training files IAW TQM standards.
• Conducts sustainment training as required with contract and PB employees. Promotes a clean work area to prevent possible injuries and/ or tripping hazards to self and others.
• Additional duties as required.
- 6-12 months previous experience working with the mail and USPS requirements.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions, work effectively under pressure and have strong organizational skills
- Ability to compare and read numbers and customer name and instructions.
- Knowledge of Multi Line Optical Character Reader mail compatibility requirements.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., with or without accommodations.
- Ability to walk, stand, stoop, and bend 80% of the time with or without accommodations.
- Based on operational need; must have a flexible schedule to work overtime, which may include weekends, holiday, and/or a different shift with limited or no advance notice.
Candidates must have a basic enough understanding of English to be able to understand and follow safety and other operational directions communicated in English, irrespective of their native language.
- *The Team
Our Presort Services team is a national outsource provider of mail presort services for first-class and standard-class mail in the U.S. and a workshare partner of the United States Postal Service (USPS). Our Presort Services network provides mailers with end-to-end solutions from pick up at their location to delivery into the postal system. Through our network of 33 U.S. locations, and with our fully customized proprietary technology, we process approximately 15 billion pieces of mail annually and are able to expedite delivery and optimize postage savings for our clients. **
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
M/F/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBT are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.
Job: *Client Operations
Title: 3rd Shift Trainer
Requisition ID: 165729