Pitney Bowes Director, Ecommerce Engineering in Danbury, Connecticut
About the Opportunity As a Director, Ecommerce Engineering at Pitney Bowes, you thrive on managing our strategically vital eCommerce software portfolio and you deliver with precision. You see opportunities where others see challenges.
Build. Deploy. Bridge. Grow.
In this role, you’ll join our Innovation team in New York and report to the Vice President, Ecommerce and Parcel Management. You will be responsible for:
* Ensuring timely delivery of software products with high quality and committed functionality.
* Directing projects according to business needs, corporate strategy, technical feasibility and resource availability (people, money, time), ensuring alignment among teams and business units.
* Understanding both business and client needs and balancing those with prioritizing the projects in accordance with Product Management guidance.
* Managing and mentoring a team of Managers, Architects, Product Evangelists, Software Development Engineers, QA Engineers, directly/ indirectly.
* Production Application Support - Insure all eCommerce applications perform as needed in a 24x7 environment. Interact closely with Business and IT Operational teams, insuring appropriate analytics are integrated and accurately providing visibility to the interactions of our Customers with our web solutions.
* Driving operational efficiency between product lines and functions.
* Application Development Process and Methodology - Insure optimized best practice processes are identified, implemented, and continuously improved across all key eCommerce Application Development areas.
* Collaborating with Application Development peers around Development best practices. * eCommerce Quality Engineering - Identify and implement continuous improvements to test strategies, tools and processes. Provide thought leadership in eCommerce Test Methodologies. * Financial Management – program, project and budget responsibilities * Program Management expertise to engage engineering to manage partners and client relationships could add value to the role. * Encouraging engineering interaction with the clients for a clear line of sight for product deliveries and roadmap execution. * Communicating and fostering smooth interactions within and across the teams and the rest of Global Engineering. Builds rapport and collaborates throughout the organization. * Implementing Core Engineering Initiatives – razor sharp execution of core global engineering initiatives to operate with excellence; with better go to market strategy, usability driven improvements, architectural reviews and iterations, agile oriented delivery methodology.
* The ideal candidate possesses a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or related discipline
* 15 years of related work experience, preferably with at least 8 years of experience in a management role.
* Should have worked in product development companies with remotely distributed teams in a highly collaborative environment.
* Strong knowledge of computer languages, operating systems, and hardware capabilities.
* Ability to navigate organizations and develop business relationships.
* Candidates should be able and willing to travel as required.
* Should have a minimum of 8 years of experience in leading a complex product line delivering commercial products to global clients and managing remotely distributed teams across geographies.
* Experience delivering products with significant revenue size.
* Ability to provide technical oversight and engineering discipline to the product deliveries.
The Team Our global Innovation team is dedicated to using the best-in-class tools, processes and modern architectures to create great experiences for our clients. In a rapidly changing world, we have a clear technical vision for our future that includes SaaS, APIs, Big Data, Advanced Analytics, Mobile and the Internet of Things. We are also focused on creating great client experiences, utilizing a Design Thinking platform and approach.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
*W/M/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBT are encouraged to apply. *
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.
Do you know someone who might be the right fit for this role? Don’t forget about our Employee Referral Program. You can earn some extra cash! For more information, search “Employee Referral” on InsidePB.
Title: Director, Ecommerce Engineering
Requisition ID: 165261