Pitney Bowes Driver IV (CDL A) in Brisbane, California
About the Opportunity
As a Driver IV (CDL A) at Pitney Bowes, you thrive on meeting the company's mailing productivity standards and you deliver with precision. You see opportunities where others see challenges.
Build. Deploy. Bridge. Grow.
In this role, you'll join our Presort Services team in Brisbane, CA. You will be responsible for:
- Performs random mail piece quality checks such as correct dates; presort endorsement and class of mail.
- Verifies physical container counts, match counts on pick up slips.
- Inspects assigned vehicle per the Pitney Bowes Presort Services pre-trip inspection guidelines and procedures daily. Report any defective findings to the Transportation Supervisor to be fixed immediately.
- Maintains a daily driver’s log or route sheet for mileage, stops and cargo, or utilization of TMW system.
- Maintains pickup and delivery schedules meeting deadlines utilizing software tools.
- Keeps vehicle clean.
- Knows and understands safety and security precautions and follows company policies.
- Regular attendance.
- Ensures the mail is reviewed for proper dates, presort slugs and a pickup slip is attached with each order prior to loading on the truck.
- Ensures USPS equipment is used only for the movement of “Live” mail.
- Returns client damaged or undeliverable mail, following internal handling procedures for damaged secured mail.
- Uses all required cell phone applications.
- Keeps work area clean by ensuring mail bins are under machines or in APC’s, plastic straps are off floor to prevent possible tripping hazards, and sweeping the floors between assigned pickups or deliveries, and all other duties as assigned.
Demonstrates safety and security precautions and follows company policies.
Ability to drive a tractor trailer (semi) truck.
- Ability to read a map and understand directions.
- Ability to understand and become knowledgeable with USPS regulations and managing standards.
- Minimum of 21 years in age.
- Valid state motor vehicle operator’s license in the state where the driver resides (CDL Class A) and meet applicable DOT requirements for CDL.
- Minimum of one year verifiable driving experience and a minimum of 75,000 miles in the last five years driving a tractor trailer (semi) truck with safe driving record. Ability to learn, understand and become knowledgeable with United States Postal Service regulations and managing standards.
- Candidates must have a basic enough understanding of English to be able to understand and follow safety and other operational directions communicated in English, irrespective of their native language.
- The schedule is Tuesday thru Friday 8am to 4:30pm and Saturday 6pm to 11pm.
- The starting hourly rate is $23.00.
A $1,000 sign on bonus is included after 90 days.
Pitney Bowes Presort Services
Our Presort Services team is a national outsource provider of mail presort services for first-class and standard-class mail in the U.S. and a workshare partner of the United States Postal Service (USPS). Our Presort Services network provides mailers with end-to-end solutions from pick up at their location to delivery into the postal system. Through our network of 33 U.S. locations, and with our fully-customized proprietary technology, we process approximately 15 billion pieces of mail annually and are able to expedite delivery and optimize postage savings for our clients.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
M/F/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBT are encouraged to apply.
Pitney Bowes will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
Job: *Regulated Driver
Title: Driver IV (CDL A)
Requisition ID: 165825